The Expedition Experience: Big, Powerful, and Capable.
You like adventure.
There's an abundance of adventure in Newfoundland. To properly enjoy the vast and diverse terrain of NL, no matter the weather, you safely get to where you need to go. You drive a Ford Expedition SUV. Travel long distances or take the road less travelled with up to eight people; the Ford Expedition does have best-in-class fuel consumption rates, after all.
All vehicle information has been gathered from Ford Canada's Model Comparison tool. Please note that none of these assistive features should replace driver's attention or decision making control. For more information or to test drive the Ford Explorer SUV in St. John's, drop by 177 Kenmount Road or call us at 709-722-6600.
Interested in off-roading in Newfoundland?
- The FX4 Off-Road Package provides all of the tools you need for your next Expedition, including:
- 18" Magnetic-Painted Cast Aluminum Wheels
- All-Terrain Out-Line-White-Letter Tires
- Electronic Limited-Slip Differential
- Premium Off-Road Shocks
- Two-Speed Automatic 4WD with Neutral Towing Capability
- A Heavy-Duty Engine Radiator
- Fuel Tank Underbody Protection
- Skid Plates, Tubular Chrome Running Boards
- 1st & 2nd-Row Floor Liners
- An FX4 Badge
Impressive Safety Features
- Standard Hill Start Assist/Hill Descent Control helps keep the Expedition's power and capability under control, particularly when you're towing.
If you stop on an incline, Hill Start Assist will automatically hold your vehicle in place an extra two seconds while you switch your foot to the gas, to avoid slipping backwards.
Meanwhile, with Hill Descent Control, the SUV's braking system automatically engages when it begins to drive on a decline, helping keep you in control while your vehicle descends steep grades.
- The Continuously Controlled Damping (CCD) System with Pothole Mitigation Technology can help provide some protection from jarring impact and expensive tire repairs from imperfect road conditions.
- Best-in-Class Towing With Class-Exclusive Pro Trailer Backup Assist, at 9,200 lb.
- Best-in-Class Leg Room, for both second and third row.The Expedition comes standard with third-row power reclining seats, and available second-row Tip-and-Slide seats.
- Best-in-Class Estimate Fuel Rating (EPA), with 14.1 City L/100km, 10.6 Hwy L/100, 12.5 Combined L/100 combined mpg.
Standard on all Models:
- Auto High-Beam Headlamps
- BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert
- Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking
- Lane-Keeping System
- Rear View Camera